2013-01-16

Ouch

Yesterday, during my run, I took a tumble at the end.

I caught my foot on a frozen dirt clod (similar to when you catch the edge of the sidewalk), and rolled my ankle/foot. 

Where'd I get that softball? Ouch.
(apologies for the gross foot picture)
So I poked around the internets and came up with a suitable treatment: rest, icing and elevation (three of the RICE components) combined with heat / cool alternating applications.

Will it help? It's certainly feeling much better today. How long to rest it? Can I run tomorrow on it? I'll know by the end of the day today. I'm guessing I'll have to stay off of it, running wise, until the weekend (hoping to run Saturday).

The bigger one on the left hurts!



Update, 1/17: the swelling has greatly reduced, and some minor bruising has become evident.
I ran a little bit on it, feels fine!

Sticking to an elliptical session tonight though.



No comments: